Thread: Made It :-)
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 02:59 AM
bneuen

I should have remembered to post the pattern name. (I always want to know). :-)

Fold'n Stitch Leaf Topper from Poorhouse Quilt Designs. (poorhousequiltdesigns.com) PQD-213

Can't remember where I purchased the pattern but I kept looking at it because it seemed overwhelming. After getting started, it really is quite easy. There was a suggestion to make poinsettias for Christmas. Thought that could be pretty

The leaves are made by cutting 8 pieces of fabric using a leaf template. After fusing to heat/bond or wunderunder, each piece is then cut into four pieces which you then mix in assorted layouts. These are ironed to the leaf and topstitched. This gives the veining effect. (I used the foam leaf pre-cut which saves a step. Don't have to make sure the leaves are uniformly cut). All templates are included with the pattern if you wish to cut them out yourself.

There really isn't a "binding" per se. It's just the placement of the leaf fabrics looks like each leaf has been bound.

Thank you to everyone who commented. This really is a pretty easy project. It seems a little overwhelming when you first open the pattern, but once you get it figured out, it's pretty easy to create a flow which makes the project go quickly. I made it in an afternoon. Hope you enjoy.