View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 10:21 AM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The guild learned a lesson a few years ago. The quild had an elaborate hand appliqued hand quilted quilt that took a year to finish for a raffle quilt. Another sew group made a fast to make big block quilt that featured the state's college football fabric. That group sold triple the tickets for that quilt then the guild did. Don't put a lot of work in a raffle quilt. Bright colors and a popular theme sells best.
I agree. If you are selling to the general public or even a large group of quilters, color and first impact are going to make a better response than a difficult technique. I also agree with the selling aspect. I used to sell 50/50 tickets for our car club at the car shows. I sold tons. I quickly realized that if I walked up to a group of men and got one to buy, they would all buy. I also used to take my little dog with me and he would walk up to everyone and make and friends and then I would ask if they wanted to buy tickets. It makes a lot of difference if the people selling really try to sell a lot.