View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Ania is exactly correct...the machine has a maximum stitch memory..it is the stitches of the design that it's memory is reading..not how many designs. So it is not a good idea to put more than a few designs at a time on the USB drive.
Machines have a maximum stitch count per design, they don't add up the total stitches of all designs on a USB. I have three Janome machines, and my BFF has a Brother Designio and a Janome. We have no problems with having many designs on a USB, we have USBs as big as 8G. If you have a problem with the machine not reading all the designs on the USB, keep scrolling forward. Sometimes there's a blank page in between pages of designs on the USB as the machine will read all the designs for each size hoop separately. The machines' memory has nothing to do with what's stored on the USB unless you move the design into the machine memory.
Another thing I do is if I'm going to stitch out a whole set of designs is I'll copy the whole folder onto my USB instead of copying the designs one at a time to the EMBF folder. I've been told by the teacher at my dealer and by Janome that you can't do this but it can be done. I did it by accident the first time, and it worked in the machine so I've got multiple folders now on all my USBs, it saves time looking for designs.

Cari