Old 10-22-2016, 04:41 PM
letawellman

I have continued my organizing binge... and found a baby-quilt UFO buried under FQ's and other yardage. I found some fabric that is appropriate for the backing, and loaded it all on my longarm. However, the baby quilt is really more of a wall-hanging size. I'm debating adding another border to it to make it a little more like a true baby quilt. I'm eyeballing it while it's on the frame. And yes, I found some yardage that would just do the trick for some borders... but I'm not certain yet that I'm adding them.

Meantime, a trip to the dollar store resulted in 8 clear plastic shoe boxes, only $1 each!!

The pile of FQ's (the ones covering the baby quilt) were all in what I think of as "country colors" - brick red, beige, gold, dark forest green - and while I remember what it was supposed to be for, I decided to use them for a different pattern. So, I grouped them all by their colors, refolded them so they would fit better in the shoe-box, and managed to cram them all into one box, along with the picture of a BOM that I think they would be perfect for! The lid closes... but just BARELY.

Other FQ's in the same pile with the "country" FQ's and the baby quilt are pastels - "baby colors". I ironed them so they would fold nicely (plus it let me verify the size), and they are now in one half of a box, while my black&white and white&black FQ's take up the other half.

All of these goodies were originally crammed into the wheeled bag that my AccuQuilt GO! came in. Now the GO! is in the wheeled bag, along with most of my smaller dies. Which means that I now have a little bit of counter space (and I'm no longer tripping over the GO! on the floor!)

I'm getting a real feeling of accomplishment - the GO! is where it belongs (along with the dies), I'll have a UFO finish for the UFO challenge, I "found" the fabrics for the BOM I like (that kit would have cost around $500 had I ordered it instead of just printing the picture!!), I have some counter-space, and I still have several shoe boxes yet to be filled!

But there is much to do yet. Half a tote (the one earlier in the week) and one wheelie bag are only a small dent in the space that is my sewing room!