Thread: Prices
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 04:17 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Milk is $3.39 a gallon. I have no clue how much a quart is. Or even if our stores sell quarts.

Gas $2.68 today. Sourdough bread $2.99 a loaf. School required volleyball shoes $90. (Thank goodness my daughter didn't want to play this year.)
for a school to require shoes or anything else that costs $90 is absurd. the pta or the parents of the team kids should definitely oppose this.
btw, here in new jersey where the oil is refined and the ugly oil tanks blot out the sun, the gas prices are still 2.43 today. last week they were 2.53. that's with no cross country trucking.
I agree, how can a school require shoes that expensive!
my DD is a teacher in a grade school..and this year 65 % of the kids are getting free or low cost lunches..the parents are not working, or below the poverty line. so sad.
i was shocked at how much bread costs! a cheap lunch when i was groing up was a fried egg sandwich or peanut butter.
my husband doesn't understand the price of food..or knows. he just says "where did all the money go"? i told him..."your eating ,aren't you"!
i told him CVS has soup 2 for a dollar,limit of six..tomato,cream of mushroom..i ran up there.. in the grocery store, tomato soup is up around $1.30 a can!
i never really worried about the price of food..until my husband got laid off...now i watch everything.