Thread: Craft shows
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 04:22 PM
mrs. fitz

I do one big local craft show a year. It's cancelled this year due to construction at the venue. Mainly I sell baby quilts, wall hangings, hot plates and small kitchen items, never any big quilts. Cost to participate (bring your own table) is $30. I generally make about $250 for the day. To me, it's worth it; it's fun to see some return customers, some friends, it's a pleasant day. If you consider my time I'm really not making a profit but it's fun to do. Doing it seriously, several shows, to really generate income is a different thing. With the cancellation this year the vendors who do this as a business are missing out on a day's income. There are also days when nothing sells. Setting up and taking down tables etc. isn't easy. I'd say give it a try and proceed based on your own experience.

I also take a table at my apartment building's annual flea market. It's completely closed to anyone outside the building and we vendors spend most of the day visiting with each other. There isn't much participation from a building with 400 apartments. Is this one worth it to me? Not really, but I try and support whatever building activities I can.

If you go ahead and try it, good luck and enjoy yourself. (both of these are indoors)