View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default I am excited about this one.

I am what you call an average quilter. Some of the quilts I see on this board absolutely amaze me. Our quilt guild has an annual show. We have our own cottage (it is pretty large) in a beautiful park in Alabama. We do a lot of good for the community, St. Judes and quilts for the Sheriff's Department so I am proud to be a member. I never win any ribbon unless it was for an antique quilt I own. This year I won a 2nd place ribbon for my mini quilt but there were only 2 entries in this category. I have decided to try to do a quilt that someone says, "WOW, look at this one!" whether it wins a ribbon or not. Here is what I am working on. I am going to do 12 22" blocks of the dresden and then do a 10" border. In the border I am going to do a miniature dresden "flower" in each corner with a winding stem with leaves going down the border. Then have a miniature half dresden in the middle of the border with the stem coming up to it. The first dresden I have completed is 20" across.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560993[/ATTACH]

This is the center. It is only laying under the finished block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560994[/ATTACH]

I just completed one of the 6" "flowers"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560995[/ATTACH]

I would love to hear your comments (good or bad) and suggestions. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails 22-inch-checkered-dresden.jpg   22-check-dresden-center.jpg   6-inch-checkered-dresden.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 10-25-2016 at 04:17 AM.