View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Olivia's Grammy

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
If you buy at the expo, will you be able to get the classes and extras that come with purchasing from a dealer? I bought my machines from a dealer...they have been really good about doing my servicing more quickly since I bought from them. Sometimes they have 3 week waits for their servicing work! Also, have you looked at the latest Pfaff's? They are amazing. I have a 2048 Quilt Expression. I also have a
Bernina 440 QEE, which I love. It doesn't have the IDT that the Pfaff does, and if it's a must, then you won't be happy with a Bernina. It does have the stitch regulator, and I have had no problems with it feeding material thru.
Which ever dealer I would buy from is an hour away. I have a pretty dependable repair person close to me and that's where I take my machines for servicing. I have the Pfaff 7570 which I love, that's why I want the dual feed dogs, that is a must. I looked at Baby Lock, they don't have top loading bobbin, which is the second must. I keep my machines in cabinets. Without the top loading bobbin I am constantly having to lift the machine out and back in. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not getting any younger and my upper body strength is my weakest so I am planning ahead. I don't need the sitch regulator since I have a long arm.