View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 08:43 AM
sherber

I've already adjusted the presser foot pressure, it seems to grab the quilt even with the pressure low. Adjusting it doesn't seem to make much of a difference - it doesn't change the height of the foot, just the amount of pressure it pushes down with. (and yes, I am adjusting it the right direction to decrease the pressure). I don't know specifically that the quilt dragging a bit is a problem, other than that I'm working harder to move it - it sounds from what some of you said that the hopping foot is meant to squish the quilt anyway. I just didn't know if that was how it was meant to work or if something was off on my machine

I can try polyester thread, but it's a little frustrating that so many people talk about their Juki machines handling any thread they throw at it and not having breakage with a quality thread like Aurifil. I really like Aurifil and I don't really want to stop using it. But it's worth a try, I suppose... I've been eyeballing the Connecting Threads Essentials Pro in those big cones, so maybe it's time to give those a try.

Also, moving the sandwich too much - I do not have this problem FMQing with my Janome, and I do not move the quilt any faster or slower on my Juki. This machine just doesn't seem to like the floating foot. To be honest, I'm getting a little frustrated because I bought this machine specifically to quilt on, but quilting seems to be the thing I've had the most problems with. Sigh.

Thanks everyone!