Old 10-27-2016, 05:35 AM
orangeroom

It's hard when you put so much time, energy and love into a quilt and the intended recipient is less than thrilled, if not unhappy with it. Sorry that you've experienced something similar...and with your own daughter. I kind of know the feeling. However, it doesn't change the fact that you were thinking of her and loving on her while you were making it for her. Unfortunately we can not/should not give a gift with expectations attached. We hope that the recipient appreciates a gift. We cant make them. We can't make them see what we see.

Chances are you've seen her grow up. You know how she is. Probably a little different than you. Everyone has different tastes, in everything, especially in quilts! That's how and why there are so many different patterns/fabrics.

It sucks that she didn't appreciate it. But, even though you lost it, you still thought enough of her to make one.

In the past when I've made a quilt for one of my dd's, I get her input for one side. Even if the side I make/like never sees the sight of day, I know it's been snuggling her and keeping her warm at some point. Ha! Take that Carson! We both have very different points of view and likes/dislikes.