View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
Default Surprisingly simple lunch today!

Following a serious bout of 'tummy issues' last week, and the concurrent "fear" of eating almost anything for the past 10 days, I've lost 11 pounds. I've stayed very hydrated, so I know it's not just so much water weight.
But, because the inflammation is waaay down in my hands, wrists, knees, and back, and I feel so much better , I'm trying hard to cut out things that 'hurt' me and eat only about half the amount I used to consume. No sugar, breads, heavy fats, dairy except yogurt. Adding in a banana and/or apple frequently when I used to eat them hardly at all.

Well today, for the first time I was really hungry, but was determined to "be good". So using what was on hand, I fixed:

about 3/4 cup leftover plain long-grain/wild rice,
about 3/4 cup canned black beans,
about 8 spears chopped, plain steamed, leftover asparagus,
about 2 tablespoons of fresh-from-the-deli chunky salsa in a little bowl,
heated it, and had a great lunch!
Couldn't believe how tasty and filling it was! The medium salsa added all the flavor and it was perfect for my newly adjusting taste buds. Low fat, decent carbs, 'combined' protein, and two veggies (maters and asparagus), what's not to like!

Going try this one again. Determined to keep on the "regimen" and hope to lose another 10 pounds before reporting to the ortho doc in November for scheduling that other hip replacement next year.

Jan in VA