View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I am trying to eat better but can't kick my sugar habit.
Kicking the sugar habit is the hardest thing on earth!!! After all, sugar affects the brain the same way heroin does, and we all know how addictive that is. The only way I did it this time is by being so darn sick for 5 days when all that would stay with me was water. I wasn't even hungry.

So I determined not to lose the advantage those 5 days head start could give me. Otherwise I would just have to brazen it out, expect bad dreams of things I couldn't eat, endure the withdrawal headaches, even dizziness and nausea, for at least one week to ten days. Hideous experience, for me anyway.

I have allowed myself up to 3 little balls of Brookside Dark Chocolate covered Cranberries or Blueberries a day. They consider 16 pieces to be a serving! These little things are smaller than a short thumbnail and make me feel less deprived on a day when I just can't "live" without something sweet.

I wish you all the luck on your own journey. For me, every day so far has been a battle; today was a bit less successful, but tomorrow is a new day!

Jan in VA