View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 03:40 AM
quiltbuddy

Hi Jan,

I've been eating similar to this since Jan. and have lost 50#s! The Dr. told me 5# a month is a great rate since you won't lose muscle. I will have to say, I went cold turkey on the sweets and now do no even crave them, sort of like giving up smoking. I have found the site Skinneytaste very helpful for recipes. One mistake I used to make when just beginning this journey was not eating enough protein and becoming sort of lightheaded. It gets much easier and eventually your body will not want to overeat or eat high fat or high calorie foods. I made a birthday cake for my adult child this summer and had one small bite and didn't even crave more! My snack has been 10 almonds. I also have been faithfully eating 3 meals a day on time and like to eat the same nutritious meal everyday for breakfast and lunch so I can keep track of my calories better.

Good luck on your weight loss adventure, it's so exciting to throw away clothes that no longer fit! I always enjoy reading your comments and looking at the pictures of quilts you post.

Last edited by quiltbuddy; 10-28-2016 at 03:43 AM.