Old 10-31-2016, 07:43 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Good morning all... OK your new quilt project sounds like a lot of fun. Be sure to show us your progress.

I've been in Memphis all weekend with my kids! I got here Thursday night and went off to Marshall's Dry Goods early Friday morning (2.5 hour drive from Memphis). Had a complete BLAST shopping there for about 6 hours and getting a bunch of new goodies. I love that store... it's my Shangri-La. Just wish it wasn't so far.

Saturday we hit the estate sales pretty hard and I found and bought another Singer 301 machine in cabinet for $25! It has a slight wiring problem that I believe I can remedy by replacing one of the cords that is very worn. Then Saturday night you won't believe what we did... There were several Halloween "events" going on, haunted walks, haunted hay rides, etc. We did one that was a Zombie Hunt. You ride on a big military truck with trailer that is outfitted with benches and paintball guns mounted on the sides! As the truck rolls along, the zombies appear and start staggering towards the truck. So you shoot them with paintballs! Oh my gosh, it was so much fun! Even for this old lady... And to do it with all my kids and DIL and SIL was just a blast. Poor hubby stayed home with the doggie. He's not into Halloween at all.

Last night we all got pumpkins and had a carving party. We made some really fun pumpkins that will be part of the decorations outside for the trick or treaters tonight.

Today I'm toodling around Memphis and will give out candy tonight to the tricksters... My daughter always gets a huge turnout at her house, as she lives in a fairly busy neighborhood. Heading home first thing tomorrow. My hubby and dog have missed me.

Having so much fun!