Old 10-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Anoka Quilter

My tree is very eclectic, a little bit of everything. My husband has received an ornament from his parents for every year; I have received an ornament every year from my Grandson, who is now 11; and three years of ornaments from this swap. I still have some ceramic ornaments I made as a kid, and the rest of our tree is made up of ornaments we have purchased, usually on sale after Christmas. We do a live tree every year in our formal living room, we just happen to have a Christmas Tree farm that neighbors our back yard. This year we are actually going to do a 2nd tree down in the family room. Hubby misses looking at the tree and since we spend most of our time in the family room we decided to break out the artificial and will be setting that up. We hit a great sale at Walmart after Christmas last year and pick up all kinds of fun stuff to decorate it with. I am not a fa of garland either so we usually use beads and we never use tinsel because of the cat. Wouldn't want to see her accidently eating any of that. However, believe it or not the cat doesn't really bother the tree. She will sometimes bat at the ornaments towards the bottom, but I have never caught her climbing it.