View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Like Billy said the cost of living here is through the roof but I am in upstate NY not "the hood"
I have always wanted to move to Maine or somewhere close to that area. I have always seen photos of the wilderness up there and I just drool. Maybe one day I can come up and check it out just to see but for now I am just happy to be a Tennessee Hillbilly!

Billy
Moving to Maine sounds like a nice solution but, the gist of what I'm reading here, is that everywhere has its problems. Yes, Maine is beautiful but their taxes are high too. Forget about buying property on the ocean, only Midas can afford it. Nice place for a vacation, thought, except in the Spring when the black flies can are so thick you can practically walk on water. :-)

Tomorrow, Pres. Obama is visiting just down the street at the local High School. Not looking forward to the traffic later in the day but at least he's meeting with the people. If I didn't work full-time, I'd go see him. If just for curiousity. I don't trust what anyone government has to say.