Thread: Donating fabric
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM
quiltingcandy

Just read about your mother's plates, and I was just thinking that maybe you could contact a museum in Atlanta that may want them. They may not want to buy them but they may want them for display or could direct you to someone that may be interested. My parents collected Western Art and at one show all the local artist did a "quick draw" for them, put them all in a large frame and presented it to my parents. No one in the family really had any place to hang it, so I was in a small art museum in Ellensburg WA mentioned what I had and they asked for it. (I believe they were the ones that put it together for my parents.) It doesn't get shown all the time but they put it out from time to time, because of the group of artists in it. One of the artist happens to be my BIL, so he is thrilled and I was mentioning to his kids that their father is obviously a famous artist because he now has a picture in a museum. :-)
We had a friend in Berlin that is a giant Beatles fan. I went to the Beatles concert in Seattle in 1966 and still had the ticket and program, he was so excited because they don't get much Beatles memorabilia from the US, so he contacted the Beatles museum in Hamburg that wanted it, so now they have it. (Along with the Wings over America program my husband got back in 1976.)

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 11-02-2016 at 07:58 PM.