Old 11-03-2016, 01:40 AM
Betty J

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Betty, you can't tempt us and then leave us hanging, please post the original recipe you were going to share with us all. I love recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation. I also have one of those that we make every holiday and maybe I will dig it out and post it when I announce the winner on Monday, as it is a dessert.
Okay, I will post the Candy recipe first. I guess it is not a real candy but a sweet nibble.

Apricot Balls

Mince or finely chop 1 lb of dried apricots and combine with 1 cup of crushed cornflakes, 1 cup coconut and 1 tin of condensed milk.
Mix well and roll into balls and coat with coconut. keep refrigerated in an air tight container. They improve in flavour if kept for several weeks.
I like to put the apricot balls onto a tray and put them in the refrigerator to set before putting them in a container, then they keep their round shape. I also keep mine in the freezer so as to not be tempted.
I have made these every Christmas and on special occasions for almost 50 years. I believe this recipe came from my Mother-in-law.