Thread: Donating fabric
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 06:07 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Since you only have about 9 plates then display them on a shelf or see if you can find one to put them on. That is not a bad size collection. Maybe depending on the location/theme of the plate in different rooms. Or your sewing room. REmember the dress made out of drapery?
If you have a "RESTORE" shop (HABITAT FOR HUMANITY") see if they would take your donation. The money they make goes straight back into the homes.
Originally Posted by kjackson View Post
Thanks I don't think I'm really a hoarder. I just hate getting rid of things I either paid good money for or belonged to someone I loved. Here's a good example. When my mom passed I ended up with 9 collector plates - Dressing Gone with the Wind - all plates of Scarlett O'Hara in her different dresses. In 16 years I have never displayed these plates and probably never will. There is a sentimental connection plus that is about $300 worth of plates. If I knew someone who would really like and use them I'd happily give them away. I just can't box them up and drop them off at Goodwill.