Old 11-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Pagzz

Where Bonnie is using purple and lavender, I am using blue and light blue. Where she is using yellowgreen I am substituting orangeyellow. She has yellow and I yellowgreen. Finally for her constant she is using magenta and I am using purple

Because there needs to be contrast between my orangeyellow and yellowgreen, I decided to make the orange yellow a constant. I thought of using a rusty orange but decided it wouldn't be a strong contrast with my greens. It is hard to discern in the picture, but the orangeyellow fabric is a pinstripe and I think it is going to pop against all the blues in the quilt. My constant is purple and it is a shot cotton and very pretty.

My thinking is that in Bonnie's colors she seems to have two sets of contrasting colors (according to the Ive's color wheel) purple and yellow green also magenta and green. So I have chosen blue and orangeyellow and purple and yellowgreen. Bonnie's post shows pictures that were her inspiration and she will have used lots of different fabrics in each color but this is how I interpreted it when trying to chose mine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561582[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20161104_120153.jpg  

Last edited by Pagzz; 11-04-2016 at 10:22 AM.