Thread: Jelly Rolls
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
quilt_mommy_2001

Lol* Well, I guess I'm one of the few who do pre-wash jellyrolls! Lol* It was a big mess too! Hehehe, but I always wash like colors together, so I seperated mine into color groups and popped them in with other fabric...so I didn't have 40 strips all tangled up together! Just 10 or so. Lol* I've heard you can use a garment bag to prevent it from tangling too badly though. I've never noticed any bleeding, but I'm too scared to take a chance of mixing them all together.

I'm a pretty consistent pre-washer. It's probably not going to ruin your quilt or anything if you don't though. Fabric that hasn't been pre-washed shrinks up a little...so if you are say going for a vintage/antique look, not washing your fabric until after it's made up into a finished quilt is a good way to do it! I think it probably looks better with quilts that have heavy quilting. I've also had a heck of a time trying to hand quilt fabric that hasn't been pre-washed. But if you don't mind either of those things, then it doesn't matter really, if you do or don't.