View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 05:54 PM
donna13350

I have 2 Singer embroidery machines and love them ! The advantages in getting a Singer(to me) are that they are very user friendly, the machines can stitch out any other machine format, as well as their own, and my new one can stitch a huge design..at least 15" x 20"...it can also do a design continuously, (think border)...I love the software that comes with them, you can convert any drawing or picture ***easily** into an embroidery design..I am not a computer whiz so it has to be easy!
My 2 machines that I use for sewing are Brother machines, and I do love them, too...the reason I went with Singer over Brother for embroidery was that Brother limits you to Brother (PES format) designs, and the Singer stitches them as well as Juki, Husquvarna, I think they stitch over 20 formats from other manufacturers, where if you buy another brand, you're limited to things in their format only, and the Brother hoop was a lot smaller,
There is a learning curve with any embroidery machine, and I do believe that's why some Singer reviews are not good, if you read between the lines on them, their complaints are due to inexperience, not machine breakdown.
My old embroidery machine is a Singer CE 100...the first one they made !! It is still working well, but it has a much smaller embroidery hoop, so I use it for smaller designs only.
I did seriously look at the new Brothers when they came out, but I just couldn't justify the cost.
Whatever machine you choose, you'll love it! Embroidery opens up a whole new world for quilting! Good Luck!!!