Thread: Donating fabric
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:00 AM
KalamaQuilts

Originally Posted by kjackson View Post
Thanks I don't think I'm really a hoarder. I just hate getting rid of things I either paid good money for or belonged to someone I loved. Here's a good example. When my mom passed I ended up with 9 collector plates - Dressing Gone with the Wind - all plates of Scarlett O'Hara in her different dresses. In 16 years I have never displayed these plates and probably never will. There is a sentimental connection plus that is about $300 worth of plates. If I knew someone who would really like and use them I'd happily give them away. I just can't box them up and drop them off at Goodwill.
Would it make you feed better if you knew most of those collector sets sell on ebay for about 3-5 dollars each? A friends family asked me to part out her personal estate on ebay, she had several 100 plates from difference collections. Sadly pretty hopeless task. The problem isn't the quality, most are lovely, it is just that they are so overpriced to begin with.

good luck paring down, if I were anywhere near you I'd come relieve you of the scrap bags