View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 10:17 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Default Veteran Presentation

I am not sure of the total number of quilts, but our quilt guild presented over 20 Quilts of Valor to veterans on Thursday. The ceremony was amazing. The Air National Guard out of Birmingham sent 4 servicemen to the presentation. The veterans were called by name and rank and were seated in a semi circle with their backs to the audience. They covered the entire stage. The head of the Air National Guard gave a very impressive speech to the veterans and all of the guests. Then the 3 remaining Air Guards came up and did the folding of the flag ceremony with the head of the Guard explaining the meaning of each fold.[ATTACH=CONFIG]561628[/ATTACH]
Then each quilt was handed to two of the Guards and they held it up so everyone could see it.
Then the veteran was called by their name and rank. They came up to stand in front of the quilt facing the audience.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561629[/ATTACH]
Then the servicemen came around in front of the veteran wrapping the quilt around their shoulders, stood in front of them and saluted them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561630[/ATTACH]
It was so impressive. I am so glad to be a part of this group of wonderful quilters. Here is most of the veterans in a group picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561631[/ATTACH]

Sorry the last picture that is sideways came through. I tried to delete it.

Thanks for looking. The pictures could have been better but you can get the idea. GOD bless and our thanks to all veterans. FYI, the little lady in the middle of the group picture is a Colonel. GOD Bless all of them.
Attached Thumbnails 1103161039_resized.jpg   folding-flag.jpg   veterans-presentation-quilts..jpg   1103161032a_resized.jpg   group.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 11-05-2016 at 10:28 AM.