Old 11-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Bree123

Lovely quilt! I agree with humbird about the crosshatch pattern in the white parts. I'd probably do either a floral vine or hearts in the sashing.

As for laundering ... I actually wouldn't use Dreft because it has fragrance & dyes in it that can be hard on vintage fabric. Most of the time the best best for vintage/repro fabrics is Orvus; please do read the instructions for working with Orvus. I have asthma & contact allergies, so I use the recommended gloves & wear a paper mask when working with it. Otherwise, I go with a dye-free/fragrance-free liquid detergent like Tide Free, Tide PurClean, Seventh Generation or such and wash it in cold water on the gentlest cycle. If you can lay flat to dry, that's best; I partially tumble dry on low (until it's 80% dry) & then finish by hanging dry. I know that's pretty nuts, but I spent a lot of time researching the properties of cotton/cotton fibers and how they interact with different variables (heat, agitation, chemicals, etc) so I try to put that knowledge to use when caring for my quilts.