Old 02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Rachelcb80

I really hate regreting a purchase (especially one this costly) but I am starting to regret wanting this machine. My husband took my BSR up to the store today (I stay at home with my three kids ages 4, 3 and 15 months. I'm not at liberty to jump in the car and run up town whenever I please.) to tell them it was still skipping stitches. One of the ladies that works there was tending the store and told my husband that the owners had to leave and go out of state for a family emergency. They won't be back until Thursday. He explained the whole story with the BSR but she told him she wasn't able to make any decisions regarding giving us a new one or anything. My husband said she first started in about whether I had adjusted the tension, was pulling the quilt through the machine, etc. He told her, "Look ma'am. My wife sat up here for 2 hours Saturday and showed the people what the machine was doing. They did some update thing on it but when she brought it home, it continued to mess up. She can take it off the machine, put on the regular foot and go to meandering to her heart's content and the machine doesn't skip a beat. She bought the quilting gloves the lady here suggested and she's "nesting" the quilt up around the machine like the lady showed her as well. She's being as careful as she can but this thing isn't working right." The lady then told him to hold on a second. She went and pieced some fabric together real quick and put my BSR on a machine up there at the store. My husband said she ran it for about 45 seconds and it went to skipping. She took the "quilt" off the machine and said "Oh, I see what you're talking about". She put her stitch ripper tip under a place where it had skipped and my husband said it was about a quarter inch long stitch where there should have been 3 or 4.

The lady said she didn't know how the BSR could be the issue because as she understood it, the BSR only "told" the machine when to send the needle up and down. It didn't control the needle height or anything like that. That's kind of how I thought it worked too but I don't know what else to contribute the problem to. She told my husband that all she could do was tell him to come back Thursday when the owners would be in and talk to them about it. He told her not to worry, he would.

So I'm stuck worrying about this until Thursday and really hoping the owners will try and help fix this. :(