Old 11-08-2016, 08:47 PM
kay carlson

Originally Posted by mrodarme View Post
i just did this...downsizing my house - going thru so many books, magazines, articles...i figured my tastes have changed...anything i want to make i can find the directions...what was sad, when i took them to the second hand book store, i got a whopping 11.00 for 20+ years of nice books...cant look at that tho...i got to use them & enjoy them...decluttering is great...now i look forward to a new area to set up...& new quilts to conquer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mrodarme, I thank you for sharing your attitude about using and enjoying the books you ended up taking to a second hand bookstore. I, too, have come to terms with the investment in the books. I have enjoyed using the books, have learned many new techniques, met people who became friends, etc. So, I can safely say that I have invested in myself for entertainment, knowledge, and socialization. Plus --- some other quilter will have the pleasure of discovering the books for sale at a reasonable price!