View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Rennie

For those of you who are not fond of free motion (or unable to do it - I am utterly FM challenged ! ), you might be interested in the Edge to Edge Embroidery software for quilting a quilt. It was really inexpensive in the scheme of things when I bought late last year at my lqs - and that worried me about the quality. I tried it once when I bought it and struggled with it - only because of hooping the quilt -- BUT ... then I bought one of the 5X7 magnetic hoops and just this week used it again. What a difference! Even though the software says small designs are a little over 5X9, I used my Embird software (which I also love) and resized one of the designs down to fit in the 5X7 hoop and embroidered around the borders of a 42 X 40 quilt. So if you want the look of free motion designs but cannot do it, check out this software. Mind you, I don't worry about perfection and hooking up exactly --- but this definitely is an improvement over stitch in the ditch (my previous goto).

This is the lady who created it if you want to look at her site, and there is a great YouTube video on it also. www.ameliescott.com

And by the way, I do have a machine that will do the 6 X 10 designs, but I do find the 5X7 size designs in any embroidery I do a lot easier to work with because the bigger the hoop, the more opportunity for problems because of too much play with the hoop moving and also in getting a snug fit inside the hoop. JMHO

Everyone, have a great day. I recently retired and hope to get my stash used up (so I can get more - ha ha).