Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM
givio

When sewbizgirl invites, I come. Lololol
:-p :-)

Hello, girls! I've read all the past posts, forward starting from the first one-- lots of chat going on here, fun to read! :-)

If I gather up my fabric to make a picture, then I'll have a new pile out on my table to contend with, and less room in my little sewing area. Once I take it out, I'll not want to put it all back! It looks like there are another two weeks until the start time, so I'll keep working on what I have out presently...

I've never made a mystery quilt. But I like sewing along with others, so I think I'll join in on this one. I read on the blog that the quilt is planned to be 87". I don't want one that big, so I'll try doing half of what Bonnie suggests, until the end, when I'll decide about the size I want for sure.

I already have a quilt top made with shades of purples/plums, olive warm-type greens, and a neutral background. The accent color in it is pink. It's missing the yellow in Bonnie's colors, but seems similar, so I don't want to go exactly with what she suggests. Instead, I'll use navy and blue in exchange for the dark and light purple. And I'll use either red or orange for the constant magenta. The constant color is a tug for me, because I have a big piece of plain red (which Bonnie says might read flat, good or not, I don't know), but I'd have to buy the orange. One would be primary colors with green, which is a combination I like, but orange is a favorite of mine. Well, two weeks to decide!

I'll not worry about the ruler. I have enough rulers and can cope with cutting challenges by using them.

Last edited by givio; 11-09-2016 at 07:12 PM.