View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 09:08 AM
tallchick

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I have been using pantographs on many of my quilts, I had to teach myself as my dealer would not show us how to do it. When we bought the machine, he told us he would teach us, then he said no after installing everything. I know I make many mistakes and would love to go to a person or school for help. Does anyone have suggestions about a person or place that has hands on teaching on using pantographs and doing FMQ. I know that I might end up at the main office of the company to learn more about tension etc which has been just horrible on this machine. Thanks ahead of time and btw, I have a HQ Avante.
I bought my HQ Fusion last year and took a long arm class from Cindy Roth of Long Arm University, I had actually planned on taking a trip out for one on one classes, but lucked out when her traveling class came to my area. We had a 3 day class that covered freehand, pantos, feathers, how to run your long arm business etc....and tons of hands on time!! For what we pay for our machines, we should also invest in the proper training; that being said, I would think with what we do pay for our machines, we should be given some free training!! I too would report the dealer, it sounds to me as though you are not getting the support you need.
At the very least, YouTube has great videos as well, but I do highly recommend hands on training, remember we all start somewhere, the more you practice the easier it becomes!!