Old 11-13-2016, 04:38 AM
miriam
Power Poster

The refurbs I found puzzled me awhile until I found one that I could look up the company. Then CD posted information in bits and pieces here. I tracked down as much info as I could and wrote up as clearly as I could on these threads. I posted a lot more pics on the VSS link. Plus, Kenmoregal2 posted information about one of the old refurb sewing machine guys we tracked. A few years back I bought out two different old sewing machine collections that included some that must have been refurbished but never sold. Those caused me to think about what I was seeing. The latest find was what triggered this thread. This last one was the most modified I have ever seen. Usually they have been just painted and motorized. Some were painted better than others. Most should have been made to sew like new again. Maybe they were but years of sitting around made the task have to happen all over again. I'm thinking most of the machines I have were speculation and maybe a few someone tried to just improve an old machine but didn't use much.