View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 06:10 AM
osewme

Default Microwave bowl question

I have made a number of these microwave bowl holders & have several for myself. When I gift them they always look so pretty & crisp. The first time I washed mine they turned limp & wrinkly & sort of ugly. We use ours everyday for cereal, soup, warmed up veggies, ice cream, etc. I just love them. But I'm thinking that if mine look so different after washing I am sure all those that I gave away look like mine also. Is there any way to make them so they maintain their "sort of" new look without wimping out? Maybe I should do some close quilting in them instead of the X through the center. I just would like to know if everyone else's turn out soft & wimpy after washing them & if you have any advice as to how to keep them from that look. I use 100% cotton batting in them but only use one layer. Maybe should I double up on the batting? Thanks for the help. The top picture is some that have been washed & the bottom picture is one new, unwashed one.
Attached Thumbnails washed-microbowl-holders.jpg   microwave-bowl-potholder-002.jpg