View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
nursie76

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, why does he have so many remotes? I love the organizer and the color matches the chair!

Where did you find your pattern? Also don't understand about the metal? Please explain, thanks

Karen
Why does he have so many remotes??? I have no clue, though he wants me to tell you that he knows what they all go to ;)

He picked the fabric. He has a pretty good eye, sometimes he helps me with coordinating fabrics.

As far as the metal rod goes, the remote pocket fabric is attached to the large pocket for a magazine. I was afraid that the weight of the remotes (although I really had no idea he had that many) would make it gap. So I mentioned it to hubby and he thought for a while and then came out of my office with the metal frame from the top of hanging file folders. When they get old the cardboard which is wrapped around them comes loose, so I had some in the bottom of my portable file box I carry in my car for work. It was too long so he cut them to fit, I wrapped the ends in duct tape so it wouldn't poke through the fabric. I place a piece of single fold bias tape on the back of the body parallel to where the magazine pocket would be and then folded over the magazine pocket about 2/3 inch to slide the metal in (not actually a rod, it is flat). I was careful to keep the metal short enough that it just missed being in the way of the binding...although a slight miscalculation did result in a broken needle :oops: