Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 06:19 AM
dottiemae

Default Hi

I am new to quilting.

I have spent the last 27 years crocheting, cross stitching, knitting, making cards, working with plastic canvas, dabbling with polymer clay.

I really love homemade quilts. I want to be able to make my own and of course practice so next year I can make some for my 4 grandchildren. What a great gift that will be.

Right now, I am making a small lap quilt. May be a baby size if I mess up to badly. We won't think about that right now. One step at a time. I am not looking at doing anything fancy at this stage. Sewing straight seams, getting the blocks to come out to the right size is my main focus.

I have already asked a question and got a quick response and I know in my heart it will work.

I just have to be patient with myself and learn from each mistake, each question find an answer. Will it be perfect? probably not. but it is fun and it is a first. So, I plan on keeping it and hopefully down the road I can say, look how much better I have gotten. That is the ultimate goal right there. Not looking to win any awards. Not looking to impress. Just enjoy myself and have something warm to snuggle up to this winter.