View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
june6995

There are many home quilting systems that have been designed for those who cannot afford the expensive long arm machines. Not everyone can be a professional, but many can quilt their own quilts in the comfort of their own homes.

Since the 9" arm quilters were the first on the market, you may be surprised that various companies have moved from 13" to 15" to 17" arm machines. There are also 18" and 20" available. Used with the proper frame these can give a quilter very satisfying results.

I have used a Bailey 13" Home Quilter for 2 years. I have no regrets over the size I purchased. My quilts are made for charities and I seldom do King size quilts anymore, but I have been able to handle them easily with this size machine.

So don't give up on looking for a home quilting system. They do not need to break the bank. Do lots of research. I spent 8 months asking questions before I made my choice. This is not a purchase decision to be made quickly and regretted later. Good equipment for the home quilter is being made all the time. It can only get better.

If I can do this at age 75, so can anyone else. I made 40 quilts this past year and everyone was given to my favorite charity.