View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 07:28 AM
letawellman

Hi dottiemae, and welcome to the QuiltingBoard!!

Even though I've been quilting for over 30 years, I learn something new from this group every week. Don't ever hesitate to ask questions, somebody here will have some solutions!

I can totally relate to the comments about "pressing" versus "ironing". I STILL struggle with the urge to "iron". One tool that I found that helped me tremendously is the "Strip Stick" (http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...+stick+mini.do )

This handy-dandy tool really helps me with my pressing. Now, it may start the never-ending discussion of "do/don't press seams open", but I just wanted to share what helped me.

One phrase you will see often here is "there are no quilt police"... which means that it doesn't matter which "rules" you follow (or not), because none of us "think" in exactly the same way... and what works for some people may seem totally illogical to someone else. Our primary goal is to make beautiful quilts, and discover ways to do so more quickly, more accurately, and, in the case of those with RA or fibro, less painfully.

Again, welcome to the QB - you will LOVE this group!!