Old 11-19-2016, 03:30 AM
Jennifer23

Originally Posted by JeanneMTurner View Post
I wish to have a top end machine and am stuck for choice. Bernina 830, Pfaff creative sensation, Husqvarna Elite, Janome 15000. I have had several brother machines and currently own Brother V3. Janome 6500 and Janome 7700.
I love the build quality of Janome compared to shiny plastic quality of Brother and wish, towards the latter years of my life to treat myself to the best creative machine available that is solidly built and not cheap plasic that yellows with age. Janome 7700 has a lovely case and is an excellent machine for general work but now is time for the tops. I quilt a great deal and patchwork. I also use machine embroidery a lot. Upholstery and heavy work is taken care of with Janome 6500 I have had for years. This next machine is for fun and works of art. What is reccommended? I am stuck for choice and have no dealers close by in France except a Brother dealer but prefer to try a different model than Brother.
Hello Jeanne, and welcome!

All the machines you mention are excellent, high-end models. If you like Janome, then I would suggest you go with the 15000. My mother has had that machine for about 18 months, and loves it. She has done dozens of embroidery projects, and pieced and quilted many tops on it with no problems. I have used it for quilting both free motion and with the walking for, and it's wonderful to work on.

The machine has help videos built into it, so I would be willing to buy one even if there wasn't a dealer near by - the machine will help you solve problems. I do recommend trying one out before you buy it, even if you have to travel some distance; it's the best way to see if it feels right for you.

Good luck, and please let us know what you decide!