View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 08:27 AM
klswift

There are many places to purchase a pattern. But, it is very easy to make and to adjust to many different sizes. The only tricky part is figuring the stitch angle to attach the squares. I started with 6" cut squares (finishing 5 1/2") and found a sketch of the sewing line on Pinterest (It is 3" down 2 sides from one corner and 1" up from the opposing corner on the 2 sides). This angled line will form the petals. I like to use a 950 shirtweight interfacing because it gives body but still allows for the wreath to be folded and put away with the decorations. Also, a tip, when I store them or ship them, I cut paper towel tubes, gift wrap tubes and TP tubes in about 3" pieces and stuff the petals with them. Once you make one and see how easy it is, you can work with assorted sizes, add banding to one side of the square, do double wreaths, and advance to hexagon wreaths - they do take a bit of thinking to come up with that angle! Warning - making these is addictive. You will start looking thru your stash for complementing fabrics and assorted scraps. Only takes 1/3 yard of 2 fabrics to make a wreath. It usually takes me longer to plan the fabric than it takes to make the wreath!