View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Ada Shiela

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
No, I meant after you have sewn onto background. I do it all the time.....with hand applique or machine......one can even do it with iron on fusible if you just "window" that fusible....but to each his own......you did a great job..hope your difficulty improves.
Geri, as usual with us quilters and sewers, our brains function after we've walked away from a question and, thinking of your reply here, the idea of QAYG is to put all pieces together at once, thereby completing a block in one go, ie backing, batting and quilt top, then all 3 are stitched together (which I'm sure you know already so forgive my preaching to the converted); so whilst your ideas might work in some applications for general applique, I don't think it would work with QAYG. We would need to prepare the Dresden and apply it to the quilt top fabric, trim away unwanted background fabric then layer onto the batting and backing for quilting which would mean 2 extra steps in the process. I hope my writing this explanation will help some who are less experienced in our wonderful hobby.

Last edited by Ada Shiela; 11-23-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: incomplete explanation