Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Kassaundra

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
Kassaundra, As the first clue is for the neutral 4 patch unit, maybe you should mix the pin dot with the solid and see how you like that in a few blocks. Do you have different textures in solid black or is it all one piece?

This year I am stretching my skills and doing a leap of faith. A BH Mystery is outside my quilting comfort zone. Most quilts I do are planned, not scrappy. I generally use only 4 or 5 basic fabrics, with a focus square or theme. I like to use Charlie Brown collections or some such for kid quilts. The friendship and BOOM block swaps are where I get my scrappy blocks. I appreciate those blocks for the relationships as much as the sewing skills the blocks represent.

Happy sewing to all!
MJ
That is what I had come to decide too. I have a black / dark grey small "splotch" I had wanted to use but didn't have enough, so I think I am going to make my 4 patches 2 pin dot, one splotch, one solid black. The pindot is very subtle from "viewing distance" since I am using a medium dark grey for my green I really wanted to watch that my black didn't appear to grey from "viewing distance". Sitting here looking at them as I type, I may remeasure and see if I have enough to just do pindot and splotch.