Thread: Red Snapper ??
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 05:27 PM
ND Quilter

I started pinning and did that for years. I switched to Leader Grips and love them, but after a while I had problems with the Leader Grips cracking lengthwise from the ends. I called the Leader Grip company and they said it was because I had used them on minky. I had never done a quilt with minky back. I asked if it was possible to get just the top part, the part that had cracked. I was told no that I would have to get the whole system. I didn't need the dowels. I decided to switch to Red Snappers. But because of arthritis in the hands, we have trouble getting the Red Snappers on. I have also become aware that with Red Snappers you need more fabric on the top and bottom end of the quilt. I checked the web site for Leader Grips and found out you can now order just the part that cracked. You don't have to order the dowels too. I ordered replacement Leader Grips. I didn't want to go back to pinning and the hand pain was just too much. Also, when I have a minky back, I add muslin leaders to the quilt back so that the minky does not go into the grip.