View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Dina

I made my first Bargello three years ago and have made 13 since then. Once you figure the technique out, it is much easier than it looks. I started by buying a book by Eileen Wright called Twist and Turn Bargello quilts. It is wonderful.

She has about 12 patterns in the book, and towards the back is a pattern for a place mat. This pattern is to teach the technique. Once I had done one of those, I was able to understand what needed to be done, and I have been hooked ever since. (I would not buy the Kindle edition....as I want to be able to write on my patterns, but this site offers both a Kindle edition and the book.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GU0OFXW...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

Let me see if I can find a picture of the place mat I made, then the second Bargello I made ( from the book Surf Song), and then a twin sized one I made based on a free pattern online...Serenity by Northcott (thought I made mine considerably larger).

But, honestly, I would get the book and study the instructions for the place mat. I taught myself with the book. It is hard to say how long one takes. I just finished one in about 3 weeks, but it can take a lot longer, depending, of course, on what pattern you use.

Okay....pictures will follow. (See if any of this helps you....)

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001584.jpg   s8001646.jpg   s8001808.jpg