Old 11-28-2016, 06:03 AM
Macybaby

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I bought it in a hurry and didn't even look, it was in w/ other quilting fabrics, but I already knew the quality wasn't what I usually get felt thinner then I usually get, but I liked the print. But I bet you are very right.
Story - I bought a nice, no steam iron that I loved, but DH knocked it on the floor. I thought it was Ok but turns out something in the thermostate got broken, and it was staying on heat all the time. Not sure how hot it was getting, but it was hotter than it would normally be on high.

For 100% cotton, it was great! It was pressing really fast and nice. I started working on a scrappy project with poly/cotton in it - and started having serious shrinkage/melting problems. So I took out some of the fabric and it was OK - switched over to another and changed my thread to a black poly. Ironed that and melted the thread! At least I had not sewed much as everything ironed came apart. Looked the iron over good, and realized it was starting to melt through the rubber insulation around the wires where they entered into the iron. DH took it apart and said it was not salvageable.

Working with poly is fine, but you can't use a really hot iron on it with satisfactory results LOL!!