Old 12-01-2016, 12:32 PM
MaggieLou

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Yes, if you can, slow your machine...one of mine is slowed to 350per, but my little Disney 180 has no speed adjustment, and I have no probs with stitching. Oh, now and then it will start a nesting, but I catch it, cut away, back up several stitches and go again. I mostly use the WSS that looks like woven fabric, ..sometimes add a piece of the vilene...but the best tip I can give you is to hoop your stabilizer (1--2 layers) with a layer of bridal tulle...you know the fine net that veils are made of. It will provide stability for the stitches and blends as if part of the FSL. It is also wonderful for emb towels and nap fabrics (and it's cheap) I'm making snowmen, bells, Angels ornaments to add to my Xmas cards. For gifts, I'll be making candle jar wraps. So you can tell I am happily sewing FSL...and it's so pretty! Give it another go...good luck. Oh, one more tip..move your thread away from the machine on a stand, and drip a couple of mineral oil swipes down the wound thread.
I second Mermaid's advice about the tulle. She suggested I try it when I had a similar problem. I put the tulle between two layers of WSS and it worked great.