Old 12-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Splinter

I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's progress on clue #1, and I am eager to see what clue #2 brings. Please keep the pictures coming, because I am inspired by the work that I see.

Those of you who are planning for something smaller than 87" x 87" can use the area (about 7500 sq. in.) to approximate the number of units to make. Half the units will make almost 3800 sq. in., or about 62" x 62". That would also be close to 54" x 70" if you can make a rectangular layout. We can't calculate this exactly at this time due to the nature of mystery quilt projects.

I am making a second, smaller version of the quilt by making the prescribed number of units, but making the units smaller (half scale). I am nearly finished with my second set of 4-patch units. The larger units are my original neutral 4-patches that I posted earlier this week, and the smaller units are for the half-scale version with the values reversed. In this version, I'm using my darkest fabrics for the 4-patch units. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I am excited to give it a try.

Happy sleeping until clue #2 is released. I don't think I'll get much sleep this weekend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563016[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imageedit_2_2209945384.jpg