View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 03:11 AM
mcdaniel023

Growing up, Christmas eve was magical. My grandparents were florists. We all worked on that really busy day.(There were six of kids.) My dad delivered for them. He would be the last one done. Whoever he chose to go with him would help him pick out something for mom's gift. He would stop and buy White Castles. Back then you didn't eat fast food like we do now. When we got home Santa had stopped by with a chocolate candy bar and new pjs. We had the chocolate for desert and then had our baths and put on the new pjs. Then we all piled into to my parents bed and dad read the "Night Before Christmas". Since we were up past our bedtimes, we were told to stay in bed in the morning until our parents were up. My younger brother would always wake us up around 5. We would hold his legs as he crawled down the steps to tell us what Santa had brought after we went to bed. My dad later told us that that part was his favorite memories. "Somebody got a bike, I see a radio, etc." Lots of giggles and laughter cause we thought we were pulling something. LOL!