View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 05:04 AM
redstilettos

MadameKelly: THAT is a great group of friends. You hit the lottery there

My favorite memory was actually from my step-dad. I did Not like him when we first met. AT ALL. I was a teen and it wasn't going over well. Fast forward a few years and I slowly warmed up. He would tease me about my jammies. I live in a cold weather state and I had a favorite pair of flannel ones. As they wore out, I'd ripped a spot near the shoulder and just safety pinned it. He kept "threatening" me he was going to rip them up for dust cloths. That year he bought me a new pair of pajamas. Flannel. And the most hideous pattern I think a manufacturer could come up with. Even my mom was rolling her eyes. He was so serious and hopeful that I'd like them. They were SO warm and soft. Best pair I had ever had. I'm pushing 50 now, and they are long gone to the dust rag pile. I have one left. And it still makes me smile when I get to that rag. He was a warm-hearted man who taught me family is not about blood. My step-dad walked me down the aisle while my father was an usher. Yes....we had come a Long way as a family. I miss that man dearly now.