View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 05:46 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by SarahBethie View Post
For magazine aficionados, check your local public library. U.S. based institutions may offer free digital magazine access for its patrons. The service is provided by Zinio. Since they're digitally offered, there are no limitations on checkout and they may be accessed via desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. Back issues are also shown (based upon the period the magazine became digitally available through your library). This is an excellent way to build a collection without incurring the storage issues of their presence.

I have the following titles available through my library:

American Patchwork & Quilting
Quilting Arts
Quilts & More
now my techie ignorance will shine! Thanks for info on library access to digital versions of those mags. Do, I want something out of one of them- do I request the whole digital mag, get it "sent" to my desktop, then can I find what I want, print it...(I still like hard copies), then send the digital version back to the library or delete it or is it mine forever?

thinking of advertisers...who would actually read the ads in a digital version of a mag? In a hardcopy version, I personally just flip by them.....
i will check with my library on this.