View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 02:31 PM
CarolinePaj

Hi Guys,

Okay... still on the bench here but I thought I would share a Christmas memory with you....

When I was little, for three years I had wanted a Tiny Tears doll......and one year she finally arrived! Oh how I loved that doll. Now I had a slightly older brother who was a bit of a devil..... and one day when I returned home from school I found that he had drawn a pair of glasses and a moustache on her with a biro! I was devastated, I tried everything to remove the pen, but nothing! She had glasses and a moustache forever more. Throughout the years as we grew up, I always reminded my darling brother that he owed me a Tiny Tears, and as adults we would laugh at his antics with her and the many other things he had done when we were children.

When I was 41, my beautiful brother became very ill.... within 6 months he died! During the final six months of his life, I spent many many hours with him, sometimes laughing, sometimes crying and certainly recalling our childhood! He lost his battle with cancer in the September.

On Christmas day that year I found a gift under the tree from my brother. When I opened the paper, there inside was a Tiny Tears doll. My brother had made arrangements with my DH for her to be hidden and put under the tree on Christmas morning. I treasure that doll as well as the wonderful memories that I have of my brother.

Hugs to you all!

Caroline