View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Wintersewer

One,

I agree with you, but for a woman to work full time, and take care of a home and children she has to be very very organized and have a lot of energy...and having a mother nearby who can help in emergencies and on snow days doesn't hurt. And she can't have much in the way of hobbies of her own....and exercise....????? It's a tough life.....IMHO.

The young woman in the story thought she HAD to work at farming, but the older lady made her reconsider, and showed her that she DID have a choice....a choice that her husband seemed to appreciate, too.

BTW, I am not against women farming, I do plenty of farm work around here, because raising animals is my hobby and I have plenty of time to keep the house orderly (our children are grown) It was just an example of the woman putting her focus on something besides her home and family. Either way, I admire they young woman....she was trying very hard to help the family......even though her efforts were failing....apparently.

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I took it as home should be made a safe place, a haven, a welcoming and nurturing environment for the family when there is chaos, burdens, pressures, or fear to contend with. Many women work or have a career, but never dismiss the importance of a homemaker.